SAAB Scholarship in South Africa for Students from SADC Countries 2019-Applicants are invited for the SAAB Scholarship funded by the South African Association of Botanists in South Africa. The scholarship is open to the applicants who are graduated with a minimum overall average of 70% and study at a tertiary institution in South Africa. The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students each year. There will be 3 scholarships awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
Eligibility for SAAB Scholarship in South Africa
- Scholarships are available to students from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros.
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently, a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc honors degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
How to Apply for
SAAB Scholarship in South Africa
Students who meet the requirements and would like to apply must submit clear copies of your documents.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to SAABsecretary@gmail.com
(Insert the words “SAAB Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Note: Ensure that your documents are in .pdf format
Application Deadline: February 27, 2019
For comments on SAAB Scholarship in South Africa, use the box.