SAAB Scholarship in South Africa for Students-Applicants are invited for the SAAB Scholarship funded by the South African Association of Botanists in South Africa. The Scholarship is open to the applicants who are graduated with a minimum overall average of 70% and study at a tertiary institution in South Africa.
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students. The South African Association of Botanists awards students each year. South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded, in order to enhance and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
- Three fellowships will be awarded for Honors Studies (or fourth year) in a botanical-related scientific subject worth 10,000 rands each.
- A scholarship of $ 40,000 will also be awarded for master’s studies.
South African Association of Botanists of South Africa offers three scholarships for South African students annually.
Eligibility for SAAB Scholarship in South Africa
- Scholarships are available to students from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros.
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently, a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc honors degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
How to Apply
However, students who meet the requirements and would like to apply must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- Motivational letter written by yourself with a description of your proposed honors/4th-year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your honours/4th-year project supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
Application Deadline: February 27, 2019
Was this helpful?…
Please, let’s know by sharing your opinion on Brown university acceptance rate, using the comments box below, and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms.