Application is available for suitably qualified applicants to apply for ofid scholarship. The scholarship Program sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries who wish to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
The OFID Scholarship program, which is currently in its twelfth year of operation, has to date helped 40000 young people complete their education. This year, OFID received close to 10,000 applications.
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a full-tuition scholarship of up to the US $50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree it’s equivalent, at an accredited educational institution.
About the OPEC/OFID Scholarship 2019
- The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries.
- OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world.
- It also provides finance to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness, and trade.
- OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, health care and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
Eligibility/Requirements For ofid scholarship
To be eligible for this ofid scholarship award, applicants must;
- be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system or its equivalent.
- be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2020, and
- maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- be a national of a developing country. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
How to Apply For ofid scholarship
Endeavor to fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply. To apply, you must register and fill out an application form and upload supporting documents online. The application deadline is 14 April 2020.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application portal and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Was this helpful?…
please, let us know your contribution, by using the comments box below, and also remember to share on your various social media platforms.