Applications are invited for suitably qualified applicants to apply for Marshall Scholarship in US 2019. The Marshall Scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship for distinguished and young Americans [and] their country’s future leaders” to study at any university in the United Kingdom.
The Marshall Scholarship Created by the Parliament of the United Kingdom in 1953 as a living gift to the United States in recognition of the generosity of Secretary of State George C. Because of Marshall and the Marshall Plan in the wake of World War II. However, the objective of the Marshall scholarship was to promote the enduring Relationship between both countries for the benefits of mankind in this unstable world.
- The Marshall Scholarship 2019 is open to be citizens of the United States of America
Level of Study
- Undergraduate degree
Eligibility/Requirements For Marshall Scholarship
To be eligible and stand a chance of winning the scholarship, applicants must;
- Be U.S. Citizens
- Have Undergraduate degree before commencing graduate study in the UK (by September of the following year).
- Have a GPA of 3.7 at the time of application
- Be recent alumni: graduated from BU after September 2020
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A Levels taken at school in the UK.
How to Apply For Marshall Scholarship
Meanwhile, to apply for the scholarship program interested applicants, should follow the application procsess in the official website.
- Complete the brief Intent to Apply questionnaire. This will demonstrate your serious interest in the opportunity and opens up our channels of communication and support.
- Your application for BU endorsement will also be due on September 1, 2019, 12 noon EST via the Marshall application portal. a minimum of two recommendation letters for the endorsement deadline, and need to know the name, title, and email of all four recommendation writers are required.
Aims and objectives of the Marshall Scholarship
The aims and objectives of the Marshall Scholarships include the following;
- To enable intellectually distinguished young Americans, their country’s future leaders, to study in the UK.
- Help scholars gain an understanding and appreciation of contemporary Britain.
- Contribution to the advancement of knowledge in science, technology, the humanities, and social sciences and the creative arts at Britain’s centers of academic excellence.
- To motivate scholars to act as ambassadors from the US to the UK and vice versa throughout their lives thus strengthening British American understanding.
- Promotion of the personal and academic fulfillment of each scholar.
- Internal deadline – May 1, 2019
- External deadline – October 2019 (for degrees beginning Fall 2020)
Was this helpful?…
Please, let’s know by sharing your opinion, using the comments box below, and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms.