Applications are invited for suitably qualified students to apply for Japan Government Scholarship, powered by the ministry of Japan Government Scholarship (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2020.
Fields of study:
Applicants who wish to study in Japan as an undergraduate student must choose a field of major from two major fields: (1) Social Sciences and Humanities and (2) Natural Sciences.
Scholarship Benefits for Japan Government Scholarship
The scholarship includes tuition and other fees, allowance of 117,000 yen per month, an additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be provided to those undertaking study or research in specially designated regions, and travel costs to and from Japan. Please refer to the official website for full scholarship benefits.
An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
Eligibility/Requirements for Japan Government Scholarship
- Applicants who have completed their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above qualifications by March 2020 are eligible.)
Other than the above 1 and 2 conditions, applicants who are eligible for enrollment in a Japanese university at the time of application.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan. In addition, in principle, applicants must be willing to carry out their academic studies in Japan in Japanese.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Arrival in Japan: In principle, applicants must be able to arrive in Japan between the 1st and 7th of April 2020. If an applicant is to enroll in his/her university from the fall semester through direct placement, he/she must be able to arrive in Japan during the period specified by the accepting university within two weeks before and after the starting date of the university’s relevant academic term for that year.
- Visa Requirement: An applicant shall, in principle, obtain a “Student” visa at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality, and enter Japan with the residence status of “Student.”
How to Apply for Japan Government Scholarship
Applicants must submit the required documents to the Japanese diplomatic mission in the applicant’s country by the required deadline. Because the application process differs according to the country in which the Japanese embassy is located, please inquire at the Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country for details.
Application Deadling: Varies each year
Was this helpful?…
Please, let’s know by sharing your opinion on Japan Government Scholarship, using the comments box below, and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms.