High school senior students in the United States who are qualified are hereby invited to apply for Horatio Alger Scholarship For Undergraduates 2019.
This is one of the largest need-based college scholarship programs in the United States, the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs assist high school students who are less privileged to overcome great obstacles in their young lives.
While many programs are directed primarily to recognizing academic achievement or leadership potential, the Horatio Alger Association seeks students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity, as well as have critical financial need.
Level of study
- High school senior students in the United States
The scholarship award benefit is $25,000
Eligibility/Requirements For Horatio Alger Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must,
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2020 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen,
How to Apply For Horatio Alger Scholarship
To apply for For this Scholarship 2019, visit the scholarship link for application guidlines,
Application Deadline: October 25, 2019
Frequently asked questions for Horatio Alger 2019 Scholarship
- Is there a minimum SAT or ACT score requirement?
Currently, there is no SAT or ACT requirement for any of the Horatio Alger scholarships.
- Do I have to be a United States citizen to apply for a scholarship?
Yes, you must be a United States citizen to apply for the Horatio Alger scholarship programs.
Was this helpful?…
Please, let’s know by sharing your opinion, using the comments box below, and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms.