Flinders University of Science and Engineering Research Awards 2019-2020-The College of Science and Engineering Research Awards are tenable at Flinders University for up to three years for a Doctorate by research, or up to two years for a masters degree, subject to satisfactory progress.
The Flinders university research awards is only available to applicants who will commence or are furthering a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Flinders University Sciences is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching university. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world to live.
The scholarship pays an indexed stipend of $27,596 p.a. tax free (2019 rate).
In addition, recipients who are Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, or hold Australian Permanent Residency status will be provided a Research Training Program Fee Offset which covers tuition fees for up to four years. International students are not eligible for a Research Training Program Fee Offset. Information regarding tuition fees for international students is available in the Conditions of Award document below.
Eligible Countries: The grant is available for Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens and international student.
Entrance Requirements: The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Are Australian citizens; or New Zealand citizens; or have been granted permanent resident at the closing date of applications; or be an international student who has completed an Honours degree or equivalent qualification at an Australian University no more than two years prior to the application closing date; and
- Have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies at a high level of achievement and has an appropriate Honours 1 or high 2A (or equivalent) undergraduate degree.
- Are enrolling as full-time students in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- Will commences or is continuing a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Have had their candidature accepted in the area in which they propose to undertake their studies.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply for Flinders University of Science and Engineering
Application Procedure:To apply for a College of Science and Engineering Research Award, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Research higher degree (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the RHD Scholarship group on the student information system, which will produce an application for all of the available scholarships in the main round.
Application deadline: 30, October2019.
For more comment on Flinders University of Science and Engineering, use the box.