Applications are invited for suitably qualified students to apply for eth excellence scholarship. The Scholarship supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes: the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) and the Master Scholarship Programme (MSP). The number of annual scholarships depends solely on the availability of funds.
ETH Zurich is known for the excellent education it provides, its pioneering fundamental research and for the way its new findings are transferred directly into practical applications.
The scholarship is taken in Switzerland.
Level/Field of study
The scholarship is available for Masters taught Degree Programmes offered by the University.
Scholarship Benefits For Eth excellence scholarship
- The Eth excellence scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- The Master Scholarship (MSP) consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month). The Master Scholarship Programme requires a financial contribution from the scholarship holder.
Duration of Scholarship
The Eth excellence scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation. The Masters Scholarship Programme requires a financial contribution from the scholarship holder.
Eligibility/Requirements For Eth excellence scholarship
- Eligible nationality: The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students both from the ETH and from other universities (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree in Switzerland.
- The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’s (top 10% of Bachelor’s programme = grade A).
- Application form (not available any more)
- Letter of motivation
- Pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors
All information provided in the application must be complete, correct and handled in time (15 December). The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
Meanwhile, if you are applying for more than one Master’s programme, please submit a separate application form for each degree programme.
How To Apply
However, to be successful for the scholarship, you must apply for a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich (or if you, as an ETH Bachelor student, continue with a consecutive Master’s degree programme). The scholarship form and application form and supporting documents must be submitted before 15 December 2019.
Application Deadline: The application period for the academic year 2019/20 is from 1st of Nov – 15th of Dec 2019.
Please, let’s know by sharing your opinion on Eth excellence scholarship, using the comments box below, and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms.