Elite Sport Scholar Award-The Elite Sport Scholar Award is designed for undergraduate, postgraduate and international students that excel in sport (including performance and/or coaching).
The award of scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and students will be required to demonstrate their continuing commitment to Cardiff Met performance sport and their personal sporting development in order to continue to benefit from the scheme for the duration of their studies.
Benefits of Elite Sport Scholar Award
Students who are successful in their application for the award will receive a package of scholarship benefits, worth approximately £5,000 that includes:
- £1,000 discount from their programs tuition fees
- Access to excellent facilities
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff
- Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, bio-mechanics
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage
- Active yoga and recovery sessions
- Performance workshops
- The award of scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and students will be required to demonstrate their continuing commitment. To Cardiff Meet performance sport and their personal sporting development, because of the continual to benefit from the scheme for the duration of their studies.
Terms and Conditions
- The deadline for application is the 1st October 2019.
- Students will be expected to compete for Cardiff Met in the BUCS competition as a requirement of the scholarship.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student at Cardiff Metropolitan University and in possession of your Student ID Card in order for the catering or general campus allowance to be processed.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to successful progression onto the next year of study.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to progression of your level of sporting prowess, which will be determined by the Performance Sport Panel.
- There will normally be no fourth year of the award, however consideration will be given for applicants who undertake a 4 year programme (including Foundation), as well as those studying part time and/or postgraduate programmes.
- The award will not be provided to anyone having to re-sit a whole year, unless you have full mitigating circumstances for all re-sit credits. Further information on mitigating circumstances can be found in the Academic Handbook.
- You will have to re-apply each year (form for completion will be supplied by the Deputy Director of Sport).
- This award is not available to those studying at franchise colleges. Please contact the college to discuss bursary and scholarship availability.
- You may not be in receipt of both the Elite Sport Scholar award and the Postgraduate Scholarship concurrently.
- The award package will be tailored to support students in achieving their potential within their chosen sport.
- The scholarship will be awarded by a panel, which will include the Deputy Director of Sport, Students Union Sports Manager, and an academic member of staff.
- Must be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course);
- be competing in a recognised British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs objectives;
- be competing at international level, or must be performing towards the highest level in their sport (e.g. national/international/professional)
- Has to be recommended by their NGB coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport
How to Apply
- Athletes applying for a scholarship must complete the Elite Sport Scholar Award application form by clicking this link, and submitting it to the Deputy Director of Sport with evidence of performance standards and coach contact details to allow for a recommendation to be requested.
- You will receive automatic notification by email that we have received your application. So If you do not receive this notification, please contact the Deputy Director of Sport as soon as possible so we can confirm receipt. You will receive confirmation that you are eligible, subject to meeting the terms and conditions, within 4 weeks of your application.
So final confirmation of receipt of award will be confirmed once the terms and conditions are met. But please note, the award can only be activated once you have successfully enrolled onto your full-time degree course.
Application deadline: October 1, 2019.
Was this helpful?…
Please, let’s know by sharing you opinion on Elite Sport Scholar Award, using the comments box below, and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms.