The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation is established to bring better to the world through the provision of the Coca-Cola scholarship to exceptional students who are dedicated to leadership, service, and action that positively affects others.
It is a profit oriented organization that works on behalf and at the direction of the Coca-Cola system (including The Coca-Cola Company, the world’s largest producer of non-alcoholic beverages, and its many subsidiaries) to provide scholarships to some 5,400 scholars annually in amounts totaling over $9.2 million each year.
What do you know about Coca-Cola Scholarship?
There are a few different types of Coca-Cola scholarships, but the one you’ll likely be most interested in is called the Coca -Cola Scholars Scholarship. This scholarship is a merit-based award given to graduating high school seniors who are enrolling in college.
It id specifically for Students who are recognized for their ability to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a impressive impact on their schools and communities.
As you might expect, the scholarship is extremely competitive: the top colleges that scholarship recipients attend are Harvard, Stanford, Boston, Duke, Brown Yale, and Princeton. Applicants are evaluated on leadership, academics, and service. Many scholarship recipients also demonstrate a passion for social justice.
- Current high school (or home-schooled) student attending a school in the U.S. (or select DoD schools) who will graduate during the 2018-2019 academic school year
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees – based on the guidelines utilized by U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Will receive high school diploma during current academic year
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
Applicants may not be:
- Children or grandchildren of employees, officers, or owners of Coca-Cola bottling companies, The Coca-Cola Company, Company divisions or subsidiaries.
- International students (with the exception of students at DoD schools)
- High school graduates
- Temporary residents
The scholarship award is $20,000. Recipients have between 4 and 10 years to use their full award and may opt to defer all or part of the award within that 10-year time frame. In addition to using funds for tuition at an accredited college or university, Scholars may also use their funds for other educational expenses, such as on-campus housing, a computer, and textbooks.
What information do i need Before Applying?
Here are some information you will need to gather before you start filling out this application:
- The High School Code for your school from CollegeBoard
- Your parents approximate combined income before taxes last year (optional)
- Information about all of your school-sponsored extracurriculars (e.g. how long you were in each club, what your official leadership titles were, how long you’ve been in these roles, etc)
- Information on any and all awards and honors you have received throughout your time in high school
- Provide information on any community service hours you have completed throughout high school
- The number of AP, IB, and Honors classes offered at your school
Your grades throughout high school
- Your current class rank and class size
- Information on any and all work experiences you’ve had in high school (what was the job, how many hours did you work per week, etc)
How to Apply
There are no essays, transcripts, or other supplementary documents needed to apply for this scholarship. However, we recommend securing a copy of your transcript before filling out this application in order to ensure that you are providing the most accurate and up-to-date information about yourself.
Click through to find the appropriate link to the scholarship here, for details on Coca Cola scholarship.
Every academic year, the application for the Coca-Colar scholarship opens in August and is ends on October 31st. You may apply during the fall of your senior year.
When you’re figuring out when to start this application, you should keep in mind that it may take a few weeks to secure important documents like your official transcript and your parents’ tax information. Thus, it’s best to start sooner rather than later. You don’t want to be caught in a pinch at the last minute!
How do you Increase Your Chances of Winning a Coca-Cola Scholars Scholarship
According to the Coca-Cola Scholars program, scholarship recipients are strong leaders who are committed to “making a significant impact on their schools and communities.”
The most successful applications will contain the values that the Coca-Cola Scholars program prioritizes: leadership, service, and community commitment. However, scholarship awards are investments not only in a particular student but also in that student’s community.
Scholarships will have the greatest impact when they’re awarded to students who are invested in “paying it forward,” or giving back to others. Corporate scholarships assume that the most successful students and professionals will demonstrate very strong leadership skills and academic potential.
The following strategies will help you highlight the qualities that make you most attractive to the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation.
Demonstrate Academic Excellence
One way you can demonstrate your own potential is to earn exceptional grades—this will obviously serve you well when it comes to applying to colleges and other scholarship programs
Develop Leadership Skills
As with academic performance, leadership skills development indicates that you’re likely to be successful as a student and as a professional. If you actively seek out leadership roles, this will demonstrate to the Coca-Cola Scholarship Program that you’re proactive and take initiative.
Keep Coca-Cola Scholars Values in Mind as You Fill Out Your Application
Remember that successful applicants are students who not only excel academically but are also involved in their school communities. Through participation in classes and extracurriculars, scholarship winners show that they are passionate and service-oriented.
Embrace the Lack of Essays
Any application for which you don’t have to write an essay must be an easy application, right? In reality, the Coca-Cola Scholarship application is trickier than most because it doesn’t give you a chance to explain either your academic performance or your participation in extracurriculars.
Essentially, you can’t talk about your passions, well-roundedness, intelligence, or commitment to service. The only thing you can do is show—through your grades and your participation in various activities
Was this helpful?…
Please, let’s know by sharing you opinion on Coca -Cola Scholarship. using the comments box below, and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms.