Applications are currently invited for suitably qualified candidates in the US to apply for Boren Scholarship. The Boren Awards provide up to $20,000 to funding U.S. undergraduate students to study in Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Boren Scholarships require rigorous language study and the majority of awardees spend a full academic year overseas. Applicants must be matriculated in a U.S. college or university upon application and throughout the Boren Scholarship.
The successful scholars will receive the following award benefits;
- 8,000 for a summer program (special initiative for STEM students only; 8 weeks abroad minimum)
- $10,000 for a semester
- $20,000 for 6-12 months
Must U.S. citizen at the time of application
Eligibility/Requirements of Boren Scholarship
To be eligible Boren Scholarship applicants, must:
- be a U.S. citizen at the time of application
- be a high school graduate, or have earned a GED, or a matriculated freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior in the U.S. accredited post-secondary institution, including university, college, or community college
- apply to study abroad in a country outside of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand that meets home institution standards
- plan to use the scholarship during their time as an undergraduate. For this reason, Dartmouth seniors are generally ineligible to apply.
Other criteria for selection;
- Applications through a Flagship Language Initiative
- Plans to study abroad for a full academic year
- A detailed, compelling argument for why your chosen language and chosen study-abroad country are important for U.S. national security
- A demonstrable desire to work in the federal government beyond the minimum year required
How to Apply For Boren Scholarship
However, Boren Scholarship applicants must be nominated by Dartmouth College in order to apply. For more information and application guidelines, follow the scholarship link
Application Deadline: February annually
Was this helpful?…..
Meanwhile, let’s know by sharing your opinion on the Truman award For US Undergraduate Students, using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms.