12 University of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow Joint PhD Studentships in UK, 2019/20-The Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow are inviting applicants for joint four-year PhD studentships, for entry in academic year 2019/20. This scholarship is open to home, EU and international students who are interested.
The Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow are research-intensive institutions with a combined population of over 5,000 postgraduate research students. Their researchers investigate a range of fundamental and applied disciplines, from improving the health of human and animals in the UK and globally to understanding the causes of inequalities, deprivation, and marginalization.
The University of Edinburgh is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination, and curation of knowledge.
Benefits of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow Joint PhD Studentships
The University has 12 scholarships available which covers the stipend, tuition fees at Home/EU rates and travel funds respectively.
- Travel support costs of £1,000
- Tuition fee waiver at Home/EU rates
- 4 years stipend at UKRI rates (estimated to be in the region of £15,000 for 2019/20)
- Annual research support budget of £2,000
Eligibility/Requirements for Edinburgh and University of Glasgow Joint PhD Studentships
This scholarship is open to home, EU and international students and applications are invited from outstanding students from any location. International students should note that the difference between Home/EU fees and international fees will be covered by the student.
English Language Requirements: All students of every nationality are required to show their English language competence. Even native speakers of English must prove that they meet our minimum language requirements to gain entry to the university. University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the university, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre. Applicants who require an IELTS test as part of an application for degree-level studies may take this test at any IELTS centre.
How to Apply/Application procedure
- Prospective students should review the list of potential project proposals. Queries regarding eligibility can be directed to the theme leads of either university.
- Applicants should register their details online. Please note that this is not an application to study at the respective universities.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants may submit applications, via email to pgr-at-glasgow.ac.uk, up until the application deadline of 5.00pm, Monday 21 January 2019.
Required documentation should be submitted as a combined PDF document using the file name ‘, ’ (for example: ‘One Health, Phillipa Dean’).
- Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow PhD Studentship Application Form (120.5 KB Word)
- Two references
- Degree transcripts (translations should be provided if the originals are not in English)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (if relevant)
Application Deadline: January 21, 2019
For comments on Edinburgh and University of Glasgow Joint PhD Studentships, use the box.